Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting & Sport will facilitate the transfer of firearms from other Federal Firearms License holders to our members and customers. We ask that you use the following procedures to make the transfer as smooth as possible.
- We ask that you have the transferring FFL to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
o Your name and contact information including your email address and phone number (We will need this to get in touch with you when your firearm is ready to be transferred to you)
o Information on the firearm being transferred including; make, model and serial number
o A copy of the selling dealer’s Federal Firearms License or drivers license if an individual
- We will promptly respond to that dealer and exchange the required information including a copy of our Federal Firearms License
- We encourage you to get a tracking number for your firearm from the shipping dealer. Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting & Sport can accept no responsibility for tracking shipments
- Once Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting & Sport has received your firearm, it will take 72 hours to enter the firearm into our system and have it ready for transfer to you. We will contact you when the firearm is ready to be delivered to you.
- When you come in to pick up your firearm, you will be required to complete an ATF form 4473 and we will conduct the background check. You will need to provide state issued identification with your current address at the time the 4473 is completed. The State of Florida now charges $5 to conduct the check and we will collect that fee at the time the background check is entered into the FDLE system. If you are military on PCS orders, we will need your current drivers license, military ID and a copy of your military PCS orders.
- Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting & Sport charges a fee for conducting the transfer. This fee is $30.00 per firearm.
- Upon successful completion of the background check, payment of transfer fees and expiration of any applicable waiting periods, the firearm will be transferred to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting & Sport do firearms transfers to other FFL’s?
- YES, we are equipped to ship firearms to other dealers
- Am I able to get a copy of Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting & Sport FFL to send to the seller?
- Please provide us with an email address and we will send a copy of our FFL to your seller
- Why have I not been contacted even though freight tracking shows that the firearm was delivered to Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting & Sport?
- Depending on the volume of transfers we receive, from receipt of the firearm, it takes us 72 hours to receive the firearm into our system and have it ready to start the transfer procedure with you. We are unable to transfer any firearm that is not properly entered into our system. If the selling dealer has not provided us with your contact information we are unable to contact you. We are unable to process a transfer without proper ATF required documentation from the seller and Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting & Sport retains the right to return any firearm to the selling dealer at our sole discretion. It is a violation of Federal law to transfer a firearm without proper documentation.
- What if the firearm is damaged in shipment?
- Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting & Sport can take no responsibility for firearms damaged in shipment, warranties or repair of the firearm.
- Will Emerald Coast Indoor Shooting & Sport facilitate private party firearms transfers?
- YES, we can facilitate private party transfers of firearms.
Here is a copy of our FFL and SOT for your convenience. Please pass this to the selling dealer: